Monday, May 20, 2013

Meeting Survival

Well, I lived through my ninth NITA Board meeting this past weekend. For those that don't know, NITA is where I work and we have two Board meetings a year that I more or less orchestrate. We have 22 national Board members from all over the country that fly in for three days of "solving world peace". Since NITA stands for National Institute for Trial Advocacy, the Board is mostly comprised of corporate lawyers and judges so things can get a bit intense at these meetings. At the same time, the Board members are also some of our most generous donors to the NITA Foundation which is my area of the organization. So, I try to make sure the Board is happy and the meeting runs smoothly. I'm always mentally wiped out after the meeting and it takes me a few days to recover. Plus, for the weeks leading up to the meeting and all the preparations, I tend to let things in my personal life slip. By the time the meeting is over, it takes a while to catch up on stuff at home. Anyway, I survived!Follow Me on Pinterest

1 comment:

  1. You did a great job, Whit! They would be lost without you.

    ReplyDelete