Saturday, May 19, 2012

Celebrating Friends

It's been a while since I last blogged and so I thought I'd say hello again. It's been a rainy, chilly Saturday...perfect for napping and doing some quiet, relaxing things. This morning I created my first Pinterest page filled with some fun Boards for my friends to explore. I'll try to link it to this blog so you can check it out. I'm also going to teach John how to make one for fun. Anyway, we have a dinner party to go to tonight to celebrate our friends Jai and Vidya's 5 year anniversary owning their lovely home. It will be fun especially since the weather is so icky. Our dear friends Brad and Sage and their boys will be there and will soon be moving to California. I hope Jai and Vidya will have enough red wine to keep the spirits cheery...our last neighbor gathering with the Porters. We are so blessed to have such precious neighbors. They are all so dear to us. We have shared so many wonderful memories together over the last five years living here surrounding by all their warmth. Some of my favorite memories are: celebrating my 39th birthday with an amazing fondue party hosted at Vidya's house with Sage as the co-host (who dragged her new wooden dinner table across the street into Vidya's house for extra room for all the guests and food, the Oscar party at Sage's where we all dressed up and voted on our favorite actors, watching football together at many different houses (and SuperBowl extravaganzas and Jai & Vidya's), lighting sparklers at 4th of July on the Porter's deck and trying not to burn it down, buying makeup at Arbonne parties (thanks Fraya for getting me hooked forever), John dressing up as the Easter Bunny at one of Wyatt Porter's spring parties, handing out candy at Halloween to all the darling trick or treaters (and trying to keep from eating all the leftover sweets), supporting each each other with Wine N' Cheese gatherings when parents were visiting from out of town, sipping chocolate martini's at The Flatz, gathering under a white event tent between our house and the Porters for an Autumn covered-dish social, dressing up in costume for a Murder Mystery Dinner, casual gathering at Tracy and Michael's bringing over whatever we were making for dinner to share with the neighbors for a impromptu Sunday dinner, sipping wine on our front porch at dusk with a candle glowing and time to catch up with friends...and so many other amazing memories...to many to list. All these sweet neighbors around us have become more than friends...they almost feel like extended family.Follow Me on Pinterest

No comments:

Post a Comment